Instructions for Authors
Special Publications Manuscript Submission
At your first visit, you will be prompted to establish a Login Name and Password. Then you will enter information about your manuscript and upload (1) the cover letter to the editors, (2) manuscript, and (3) figure files. Please upload each figure individually.
Authors without access to the Internet can submit their manuscripts via mail (one hard copy and all text and figures on disk or CD) and the Managing Editor will enter the files into the system for those authors.
Before submitting a manuscript, please gather the following information:
- All Authors
- First Names, Middle Names/Initials, Last Names
- Street Addresses
- Email Addresses
- Cover Letter to the Editors
- Title and Running Title
- Key Words
- Manuscript files in Word, WordPerfect, or Text formats
- Figures/Images in TIF, EPS, PDF, or JPG formats (300 dpi recommended)
- Tables in XLS or DOC formats
Tutorials on the PeerTrack site will walk you through the submission process.
1. Manuscript needs to be submitted as double-spaced, left-adjusted text.
2. Title: Upper and lower case
3. Authors: Upper and lower case. Do not use italics.
4. Abstract: Type the word “Abstract:” (no quote marks) one the same line as the first line of the actual abstract.
5. First order header: Type in ALL CAPS, with one space above and one space below the header.
6. Second order header: Type in Upper and lower case, with one space above and one space below the header. Each major word is capitalized. Do not use italics.
7. Third order header: Type in Upper and lower case, with one space above and one space below the header. Each major word is capitalized. Type a period and dash (.-) after the last word in the third header. Do not use italics.
8. References: Type all references in Upper and lower case. DO NOT TYPE AUTHOR NAMES IN ALL CAPS. No space between two consecutive initials. (Smith, J.R., not Smith, J.<space>R.)
9. Captions: Type in Upper and lower case. Place all figure captions and table captions at the end of the article (after the References), in the same file.