Apply for Membership
2021 SEPM Membership
You can apply for either SEPM membership or SEPM Eastern or Gulf Coast Section memberships. If you are only joining Eastern or Gulf Coast Sections, then use separate application forms found below.
Membership purchase lasts the duration of the current calendar year (January 1 - December 31, 2021). You may renew your membership prior to 2021 using the renewal form found below. If you choose to renew your membership at any time during 2021, it will remain effective until December 31, 2021. Lapsed SEPM members must join as new members - do not renew your member account.
What are the benefits of being a member?
We have plenty of SEPM membership benefits, with additional perks being added regularly!
What type of membership do I need?
There are several different types of membership levels including student, early career, professional, sustaining and emeritus levels. Read more about the appropriate membership level for you:
- Sustaining - for those who want to support the Society above regular fees and includes all member benefits and subscriptions.
- Professional - for those with careers in the geosciences, with optional subscriptions.
- Early Career - for those within 5 years of their last degree, with optional subscriptions.
- Student - for those enrolled in a geoscience or allied science program, includes online subscriptions.
- Discounted Professional - for professionals living in developing countries, with optional subscriptions. Please refer to this list to see if your country of residence qualifies you for an adjusted membership rate.
- Discounted Student - for students living in developing countries, includes online subscriptions. Please refer to this list to see if your country of residence qualifies you for an adjusted membership rate.
- Associate - for individuals that are interested in the Society but are not geoscience professionals nor students in the geosciences or an allied science, with optional subscriptions.
What do memberships cost?
Membership costs range per level. Please review the pricing and membership details below.
Do you provide discounted memberships?
A special discounted membership for people residing in countries listed by the World Bank as Low, Lower Middle and Upper Middle incomes. High income countries are excluded. For listing go to the World Bank resources.
I want to sponsor an SEPM membership.
SEPM provides the opportunity to sponsor an SEPM membership for a student or member who has requested support. If you would like to sponsor an SEPM membership, please select this option when joining or renewing your annual membership. If you would like to request sponsorship for your SEPM membership, please contact our team for more details on applying.
Subscriptions terms and conditions
Member subscriptions are for individual use only. In accepting journals at membership rates, subscribers agree to these terms. Use of a subscriber’s online login credentials by anyone other than the subscriber is not permitted. Activity that appears to violate these usage guidelines may result in suspension of service. SEPM membership and subscriptions are on a calendar year basis (1 January–31 December). Applications received after the launch of the 2021 membership campaign will be effective as of 1 January of the following year.
Cancellation and refund for memberships and subscriptions
All sales of SEPM memberships and subscriptions are final. However, if you purchased a membership or subscription in error on our website, you have one month from the date of purchase to request the cancellation of the transaction in order to receive a refund. Please contact our staff in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the cancellation of your membership or subscription.
I want to join an SEPM Section.
If you are only applying for membership in the Eastern or Gulf Coast Sections of SEPM then go to this link:
What do our members like about SEPM?
How to Join
Already a member? Here's our Renewal Process
To renew your current membership for the upcoming calendar year.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation after hitting "SUBMIT," please email or call for assistance. To learn more about SEPM Membership, contact:
SEPM (Society for Sedimentary Geology)
1621 S. Eucalyptus Ave., Suite 2014
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
(918) 994-6216 ext. 100 (Worldwide)