SEPM Deepwater Research Group
Who is this community?
The deepwater deposition research group focuses on all aspects of deepwater deposition from submarine fans to mass transport deposits.
SEPM Deepwater Research Group Meeting
Held Tuesday, November 9, 2021
“Future of Deepwater Sedimentology”
The discussion focused on:
- Bottom currents processes and products in the deep marine environments
- Carbon burial in deep-sea sediments
- Deepwater gas Hydrates
- Microplastics and Pollutants in Deep-sea sediments
- Modern marine Geohazards
- Recent advances and applications using machine learning and quantitative analysis in deepwater deposits
Last years's discussion focused on:
- The processes and products of Hybrid Event beds
- Occurrence and characteristics of Hybrid Event beds in experiments, and in modern and ancient systems
View the Panel Presentations
The DRG Organizers:Virtual Forum Speakers
Annual Meeting Report - 2019_DRG_Summary.pdf
Questions? Please contact the Research Group Organizers (above) or Cassie Turley at SEPM headquarters.