SEPM Micropaleontology Research Group
Who is this community?
The micropaleontolgoy section covers all aspects of micropaleontology through application, research and education dealing with morphology, biostratigraphy, ecology/paleoecology, and geologic history of all groups of microfossils occurring in the stratigraphic record. It also covers a diverse array of microfossils groups, including foraminifera, ostracodes, nannofossils, palynonmorphs, radiolaria, diatoms, and silicoflagellates. NAMS serves as a center point for these many fields of study and provides a venue for exchange of information among micropaleontologists in academia, industry, and government.
Annual Meeting Report 2019
Date: Monday, May 20th, 2019; 7-10 PM
Location: Bowie Room, Marriott Riverwalk, San Antonio, TX
2018 NAMS Organizers:
- Mitch Covington, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don Van Nieuwenhuise, dvnieuwe@Central.UH.EDU
- Richard Denne, email@example.com
- Lawrence Febo, Lawrence.firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Events were as follows:
The Marine Micropaleontology Research Group held its meeting in the Bowie Room of the Marriott Riverwalk on May 20th, 2019 beginning at 7:00 PM. The 13 attendees (list below) were welcomed by NAMS President Mitch Covington. Dr. Chris Lowery, University Texas – Austin, was the guest speaker. The title of his presentation was "What controls diversification after the K-Pg mass extinction?". The talk was followed by a great general discussion of the mass extinctions and rebound times typical of fossil groups.
MMRG meeting attendees:
- Mitch Covington, BugWare, Inc.
- Pam Hallock Muller, Univ. South Florida
- Greg Blake Blake, Geological Services
- Guillem Mateu Vicens, Univ. de les Mes Bolears
- Kendra Clark, BP America
- Thomas Demchuk RPS
- Chris Lowery, UT Austin
- Ryan Weber, Paleo Data
- Richard Denne, Texas Christian University
- Stacie Blair, Blair Biostratigraphy
- Maria Bolivar, BP America
- Dana Rowan, Chevron (ret.)
- Kate Griener, BHP
For an abstract of Dr. Lowery’s presentation, see the NAMS Newsletter at https://nams.wildapricot.org/Newsletter
Questions? Please contact one of the MMRG Organizers (listed above) or Cassie Turley at SEPM headquarters.