2021 Science Awards Winners
Supported by the SEPM Foundation, Inc.
We are excited to announce our 2021 Science Award Awardees. Please feel free to reach out to say congrats or learn more about the nomination process.
- The William H. Twenhofel Medal is the highest award of SEPM Society for Sedimentary Geology. This award is in recognition of "Outstanding Contributions to Sedimentary Geology" and is awarded to Teresa (Terry) Jordan, Cornell University
- Honorary Membership in the SEPM Society for Sedimentary Geology acknowledges excellence in professional achievements and extraordinary service to the Society and is awarded to Kitty Milliken, Bureau of Economic Geology, Jackson School of Geosciences.
- The Raymond C. Moore Paleontology Medal is in recognition of "Excellence in Paleontology" and is awarded to Nigel Hughes, University of California – Riverside.
- The Francis P. Shepard Medal is in recognition of "Excellence in Marine Geology" and is awarded to Stanley Riggs, East Carolina University.
- The Francis J. Pettijohn Medal for Sedimentology is awarded in recognition of "Excellence in Sedimentology" and is awarded to Isabel Montañez, University of California at Davis.
- The William R. Dickinson Medal for recognition of a mid-career research geoscientist who is “Significantly influencing the sedimentary geology community with innovative work” and is awarded to Cari Johnson, University of Utah.
- The James Lee Wilson Award is in recognition of "Excellence in Sedimentary Geology by an Early Career Scientist" and is awarded to Emily Smith, Johns Hopkins University.
Please join SEPM in celebrating our 2021 SEPM Science Award Winners at our September 29 evening Annual Awards Ceremony
The Society awards these medals of scientific excellence for long term, outstanding contributors in several areas of sedimentary geology. The other honors that are given by the Society each year are for excellence in communicating the science.
Wed, Sep 29, 2021 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM CDT